April 30, 2011

Dad's Birthday

Today is all about preparing my dad's birthday cupcakes and card.  He has no real hobbies anymore so I decided to make margarita cupcakes since it is his favorite alcoholic drink.  He only likes chocolate and yellow cake so I went with chocolate (added a little tequila to the batter).

 Then it was assembly time: margarita icing, sprinkles for edging, straws for decoration (the lime garnish is missing from the pic).  I wanted them to resemble the drink as much as possible.

Then voila!  The final product!  I love the tiny chunks of lime.  And the icing on these babies is addicting.  It's probably the only product I would ever want to get drunk from (tequila is also in the icing).


Along with the cupcakes, I scrapbooked a card from patterned paper, sticker letters, ribbon, and a cupcake punch (keeping with the theme, of course!).  Here is the front (you aren't allowed to see what I write inside :-))


So, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARK SCOTT HUTTON!!!!!  Receiving pictures soon to come :-)

2 comments:

Holden said...

I tasted those cupcakes and they were some of the best I've ever had...seriously. I mean, I've never had Belgian cupcakes or even Moroccan sweet cheek cupcakes, but these were great.

I also like the way they're decorated. Pretty stylish...

Pam said...

The cupcakes were excellent! And the card was so cute he was so proud of it.